Re: permaculture trademark alert

Dear Comrades,

Where is this going to end?  First the logo now this.

>For twenty years Bill has tirelessly put forth to spread the word
>about this 'new' term-permaculture-- via PDC's, his many public
>speaking engagements, sharing the info with politicians and people
>from all cultures. We are FINALLY at  a critical mass- I can mention
>the word and people don't always look at me dumbfounded-  The logo
>has  worldwide recogniton-

Our energy ought to be spent sharing the knowledge not defending our use of it.

So what is the purpose (function) of this newfound need for
ownership. Why have we not heard directly from Bill or Lisa through
all this.  They know this is an active site with devoted participants.

Lisa-Bill be brave and let's hear from you.  Maybe with an
explanation we will understand and possibly embrace this need for
ownership and  control.... As it sits with me.. all the work we have
nurtured since the 80's will be very compromised.

In hopes for a saner future- which I thought was through the action
of  Permaculture,

Jude Hobbs

P.S.  I agree our action does not need to be based around this 'term'
it is just that we are on such a roll.......