Re: Economics say all city dwellers must be vegan.

At 04:43 AM 3/15/01 -0800, Yaya Balinci wrote:
(with quotes from the previous author)

> > Animals on the other hand, have a mind of their own.
>
>But the carrot is ours to do as we please? We own the carrot because it
>lacks something we lack? Now who is the righteous one? Fence it in, then
>before it can blossom its flower and sew its seed we can yank it out and eat
>it dead?

For anybody who does not believe that plants have feelings, I highly
recommend "The Secret Life of Plants", by Tompkins & Bird.

Personally, I find that some of my herbs and vegetables are better company
than some of the people I know.

Build soil,

Loren

Loren Davidson        Permaculturist, philosopher, writer
loren@farwalker.com   http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
AIM: loren334     ICQ: 65291610
"We have to create the future, or others will do it for us" - Gen. S.
Ivanova, ret.