Re: Cane Reed/bamboo

Hi,

In a message dated 2/10/01 7:51:21 PM, bamboogrove@cmug.com writes:

<< How tall? What habitat? Evergreen? in thickets or mixed w/trees? When do
the

new shoots come up? Are they hard? hollow? >>

8' or higher. Growing along stream bank, and near boggy areas at edge of the
woods where sunlight penetrates.

Evergreen? Hmm...they are tall, and green now and very visible. At other
times of year may have been obscured by taller grasses, bushes, trees, vines,
briars, etc.

Usually in thickets but just at certain locations along bank. When broken
would make good " switches" :)

Not sure when the new shoots came up...but I've really just noticed
thickness, greenery in last two months. Of course I may simply have not
noticed...but I tend to suspect otherwise. Still there's a possibility I did.

Look forward to comments. Thanks.  Frank