Corn in Australia-GMO“s

Dear Australian friends--

A young Australian woman just passed through here and said that  because of transgenics (GMO“s), there are no more local varieties of corn in Australia, all have been substituted or contaminated by GMO“s...

Is that true?  In Brazil we are still keeping GMO“s out, but it“s almost like trying to keep back the sea... I would be most grateful for feedback on the subject.. It would give us more ammunition, if you know what I mean...

Marsha