Re: sanet-mg-digest V1 #1760

 A few thoughts for Alex - What about the backdoor imposition of genetically
engineered organisms on every uninformed and ignorant consumer of FOOD out
there? The impact of these changes for the sake of the bottom line has not
been even close to exhaustively studied.  Agribusiness has loosed mutated
organisms on the planet without getting permission of the planet  - or the
people who live on it. Let alone investigating the possible impact it will
have on our food sources for the future. For all you know, three generations
from now, we may not be able to eat corn, because our bodies won't tolerate
what it has become.  Think of the hidden dangers to people with allergies to
fish or nuts who have no idea their soy beans contain genetic materials that
could seriously harm them!  And what about the resistance to stronger (and
often specific) pesticides. Great! now we can pour more cancer causing
chemicals on our food without killing it - the better to kill us!  And how
will you control the spread of these plants!  What happens when the cross
polination with pest plants passes on these resistant gene properties? I say
bravo to those trying to impose some responsibility upon those making these
decisions for everyone.  Science is making changes that take God and nature
hundreds, even thousands of years to make.  What Hubris!  and what price will
we pay?  Sign me - a concerned midwestern farm girl.