Re: "Organic" rip-off

Fees and other charges will be assessed and collected from applicants for
initial accreditation and accredited certifying agents submitting annual
reports or seeking renewal of accreditation  organic farmer pays

When service is requested at a place away from the evaluator's headquarters,
the fee for such service shall include a per diem charge if the employee(s)
performing the service is paid per diem in accordance with existing travel
regulations. Per diem charges to applicants and certifying agents will cover
the same period of time for which the evaluator(s) receives per diem
reimbursement
organic farmer pays

The certifying agent may require applicants for certification to pay at the
time of application a nonrefundable fee of no more than $250.00 which must
be applied to the applicant's fees-for-service account.
organic farmer pays

When costs, other than fees-for-service, travel charges, and per diem
charges are associated with providing the services, the applicant or
certifying agent will be charged for these costs. Such costs include, but
are not limited to, equipment rental, photocopying, delivery, facsimile,
telephone, or translation charges incurred in association with accreditation
services. The amount of the costs charged will be determined
administratively by the Department. Such costs will become effective for all
applicants for initial accreditation and accredited certifying agents on the
effective date of subpart F.

the organic farmer pays

) Application and Administrative Fees. We have removed the provisions which
required certifying agents to pay application and administrative fees. These
fee provisions have been replaced with provisions for the assessment of fees
for service equal as nearly as may be to the cost of the accreditation
services rendered under these regulations. In other words, we will be
assessing fees and charges only for activities related to accreditation.
These fees and charges will be assessed and collected from applicants for
initial accreditation and accredited certifying agents submitting annual
reports or seeking renewal of accreditation.
organic farmer pays
We have retained the requirement, with modification, that certifying agents
reimburse the Department for travel, per diem, and related other costs
associated with providing accreditation services
organic farmer pays

State and private entities as accredited organic certifying agents are
similar to those used to certify other types of product or system
certification programs under the QSCP, we have decided to use this existing
program and its staff in examining certifying agents' operations and
evaluating their compliance with the Act and these regulations. Using the
QSCP and its staff will enable the NOP to provide the necessary services
without creating a separate bureaucracy. Hourly fees to be charged for
services under this program will be the same as those under the QSCP,
currently estimated at $95.00 per hour.

organic farmer pay

Certifying agents will be charged for accreditation service at the published
hourly rate on the first day of the nineteenth month following the effective
date of subpart F.

Over 15,000 comments were received on fees, with
organic farmer pays

The Act provides that each State may implement a certification program for
producers and handlers of agricultural products that have been produced and
handled within the State, using organic methods that meet the requirements
of this regulation

Such a State may request that its more restrictive buffer zone requirements
be established as the minimum buffer zone requirements of this regulation.

the organic farmer pay

Under the residue testing requirements of the NOP, we propose that all
agricultural products sold, labeled, or represented as organically produced
be available for inspection by the Administrator, State program's governing
State official, or certifying agent. Organic farms and handling operations
must be made available for inspection under proposed Subpart E,
Certification. In addition, products from the aforementioned organic
operations may be required by the State program's governing State official
or certifying agent to undergo preharvest or postharvest testing when there
is reason to believe that agricultural products to be sold or labeled as
organically produced have come into contact with prohibited substances. The
cost of such testing will be borne by the applicable certifying party and is
considered a cost of doing business. Accordingly, certifying agents should
make provisions for the cost of preharvest or postharvest residue testing
when structuring certification fees.

the organic farmer pays

) any harvested crop or plant part to be harvested that has contact with a
prohibited substance applied as the result of a Federal or State emergency
pest eradication or disease treatment program cannot be sold, labeled, or
represented as "100 percent organic," "organic," or "made with organic
(specified ingredients)"; and (2) any livestock that are treated with a
prohibited substance applied as the result of a Federal or State emergency
pest or disease treatment program or product derived from such treated
livestock cannot be sold, labeled, or represented as "100 percent organic,"
"organic," or "made with organic (specified ingredients)."

State programs' governing State officials and certifying agents may test
agricultural inputs used for organic production and require preharvest or
postharvest testing of any agricultural product to be sold, labeled, or
represented as "100 percent organic," "organic," or "made with organic
(specified ingredients)" when there is reason to believe that the
agricultural product has come into contact with prohibited substances. This
change allows State programs' governing State officials and certifying
agents to perform preharvest and postharvest residue testing on a
case-by-case basis
Drift is defined as the physical movement of prohibited substances from the
intended target site onto an organic production operation or any portion
thereof. The National Organic Standards Board (NOSB or Board) recommended
that agricultural products exposed to drift not be sold, labeled, or
represented as "100 percent organic," "organic," or "made with organic
(specified ingredients)" or fed to livestock on organic operations.

the organic farmer pays and pays and pays

no due process/ the organic farmer is always guilty and has to prove he is
not guilty every year for the rest of his life. the organic farmer pays and
pays and proves and proves and still here they come again.
I can go on and on and don't think things like Regulatory impact assesment
or Unfunded mandates act or Paper work reduction act or civil justice reform
or federalism will help because they don't mean what they claim its only
smoke and mirrors.  the usda say they want to help the small grower but the
shepherd feeds the flock and not just fleeces it.  they  are taking they are
not giving us anything and they just took our word.  Organic

then u got your certifier and the local chapter and the inspector and the
state and their cars and their  computer and their kids need their teeth fix
and on and on  . you get the idea .  a big hole a bottomless pit needs
feeding and the organic farmer will pay and pay and pay and for what to be
known as no safer or no better for the earth than conventional farmer.
not a good deal= u think

check out an organic farmers homepage
http://www.rain.org/~sals/.my.html
sals@rain.,org