Re: Nitrogen in mesquite

At 14:07 29-01-00 -0200, you wrote:
>By the way I understand that mequite is appreciated in barbecues in the
>Southwest USA. Is that from fresh wood or charcoal?  Anyone know?

Marsha,

Mesquite is used in the charcoal form from some research work I have done.
We got a bag of stick charcoal from Mexico one time in the briquetting lab
for testing. Everybody was fighting to clean up the "scrap" :>) However,
the chips may also be used for smoke flavoring like Hickory chips.  Mike
Miller