Re: Does Permaculture have to be so expensive??? DO YOU HAVE TO THINK CHEAP = LOUSY!!!!

thankyou for your thoughtful and kind reply
As you may know permaculture was originally conceived by David Holmgren and Bill Mollison,  Bill was his lecturer and tutor
and David wrote the first thesis.

David lives near Melbourne in a cold hilly area.  His work is detailled in his latest book and shows a lot of ideas for temperate zones.
Although permaculture teaches about intensive systems generally, (imitating rainforests)
you will find that David believes in more open systems in his climate. he still has a least three layers and complex, non-mon-cropped zones, but in more rainforest areas we can build up to 12 different layers, i have about 6 layers to date (my site is now 5 years old) mainly on those areas where i have built up a more subtropical microclimate.
I think David's experience gives us an interesting angle for temperate areas.

April

Permaculture Visions International
Students and graduates in 16 countries
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~askpv

PS i am not surprised by the kiwifruit there, what is more difficult is growing temperate crops in tropical zones.  because of their needs for shorter daylight.

I have managed to grow JackFruit here!!  that was fun.