Re: OT Sustainable Building Materials Clarified

Hi Dawn,

I saw your building program, and was quite excited since I too am seeking to
build just that kind of house.

<<I hope to produce a home which is not only environmentally sound,
sustainable,

beautiful and comfortable, but palatable to the more mainstream visitor we

might have. The general plan is to have lots of natural light, passive and

active solar energy and heat convection, non-toxic sustainable interior and

exterior materials, minimal use of metal, water catchment and greywater

filtration. We can also recycle materials from our old buildings.>>

But there are so many questions, so much expertise needed. I'd love to hear
more about your leanings:) and will gladly share some of my findings etc.

By constantly refining ideas with experts and people like yourself...we hope
to cut down on mistakes, and build a better house for less.  I'll keep the
building form siimple for ease of construction.

Right now I'm leaning towards timber frame with structurally engineered
panels...but that could change if timber frame costs are too high.

I'd welcome your or list comments on heating, passive solar, internal air
distribution systems, problems etc.

Talk to you soon.  Bye....Frank