GBlist: Wood bad?

<snip>

The other project I'm working on is called the Wood Reduction
Clearinghouse, which aims to reduce the use and waste of wood.

<snip>

Dear Nicole,

Why would you want to limit the use of wood products in building?

We like cellulosic products because the fibers are inherantly
non-conductive, these products are the only renewable building resources
we have, it's cheap and easy (read: low impact) to fabricate into usable
stuff like walls, it imparts a big moisture storage potential in
building assemblies that is critical to durability, the embodied energy
is low, the hassle of procuring these products is minimal (read: low
impact), the distribution impact of these products is truly minimal, and
wood fiber insulation is so superior to *anything* else that it seems
like a gift from God. Did I mention that it's all recyclable?

And need I say that in the eye of this beholder, wood is the most
beautiful material that has every graced any abode?

So please tell me what would motivate a person to rail against 10,000
years of building evolution that has just about achieved perfection?

Regards, Fred