GBlist: Asbestos Containment options

Richard and Jorg,
>We are currently researching the use of icynene as asbestos
>encapsulation, although complete removal is by far the best
>strategy.

Jorg, I am not sure that complete removal is always considered the best
option for asbestos these days. I don't have the time or the expertise to
go deeper into this matter, but I suggest that you at least question this
assumption for now. Removal disturbs the asbestos (obviously) and
inevitably puts some fibers into the air - even when done by the best and
most organized removalists. Then there is the question of disposal.
Sometimes the best place to "dispose" of the asbestos is to simply leave it
alone and well contained.

Bruce Coldham