GBlist: foam board insulation and carpenter ants?

I will be re-siding my house sometime in the next couple years, probably
with vinyl, and I would really like to increase the insulation at the
same time.  I had been thinking of using 1 or 2 inches of rigid foam board
insulation under the siding, but I'm concerned about carpenter ants.

I have a friend with a super-insulated house and he's had serious problems
with carpenter ants nesting in the foam board.

Stress-skin panel manufacturers often add borates to the foam to reduce this
problem, but I haven't heard of such a thing for regular foam board insulation.

I live in a heavily wooded area and I've already had termites and carpenter
ants do serious damage to the house.  I don't want to make my house even
more inviting.

/carl