Re: GBlist: need help calcuating some passive solar numbers...

In addition to Terry's suggestions:
BuilderGuide software and design guide from Passive Solar Industries Council -
very easy to use for this type of thing, compared for instance to Hot 2000
(current name of HOTCAN) and also cheaper.

202 628-7400 Doug Schroeder x210

My all time favorite solar design program is best suited to nerds like me -
Suncode, available from Ecotope - 206 322-3753.  True hourly simulation, all
sorts of passive solar features such as mass walls.  More $$$ and tougher to
learn, runs on DOS.  I used to run it on a 386 - now an annual run of a complex
23,500 ft2 building takes 8 seconds on a Pentium!  Nerd heaven - hourly
simulation as interactive design tool!

Marc Rosenbaum