Re: GBlist: Chillers

Marc J. Rosenbaum wrote:

> I have been looking into small electrically driven chillers (25 ton range) with
> an eye to who is making the best environmental chiller.  So far all I have
> found uses R-22 - the more friendly refrigerants are in much larger chillers
> (and in some case residential DX)
>
> Any suggestions?  Please no absorption chiller recs - no natural gas available,
> and I'm not very convinced that they're a better choice anyway.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marc Rosenbaum

Hello Marc,

Your question regarding high efficiency chillers falls directly into the
area that we have pursuing for the past decade.

I would like to invite you to please review the test report located at
http://www.hysave.com/sosc.html  This is an example of what can be done
with technology available today. It does not matter who manufactures the
equipment, or what size it is. What does matter is that the available
technologies are applied to the system.

The above case study is happens to be an 80 ton unit with two 40 ton
circuits. I have available reports on 15 ton chillers as well although
not on line.

If you or anyone else would like more information, please let me know
and I would be most pleased to provide it.

Regards
Russ Smith
Hy Save Inc.
http://www.hysave.com