GBlist: plastic lumber

Further to the note below about effect of temperature on the above. We
just completed construction of a backyard deck at our demonstration
project using the above for the deck (using 2x6s), built-in benches and
planter boxes (using 4x4s). Surface temperatures were consistently hotter
(by at least 5 degrees C) than for a piece of wood, eventhough the PL was a
light grey colour. Outgassing may be a problem adjacent to open windows
during sunny days in the summer.
Jorg Ostrowski,  M. Arch. A.S. (MIT), B. Arch. (Toronto), Ecotect
-  in full-time professional practice since 1976 (Straw Bale since 1978),
   environmental/architectural design, ecological planning,  consulting
   on sustainable  buildings/communities. Lectures, seminars, workshops.
   3 demonstration projects in Canada, +80,000 visitors
 - living a conserver lifestyle & working in a sustainable home and office
ACE, ARE, ACT, ASH-Incs., Phone: (403) 239-1882, Fax: (403) 547-2671
Web Site [under construction]: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jdo/ecotecture.htm