Re: GBlist: Re:Housing Costs etc.

Richard Kadulski Architect wrote:
It may not be popular here to say it, but if 10 milllion people were
induced
to reduce their water consumption by 1 gallon per day, energy consumption
by
500 Watts per month and their car useage by 200 miles per month, it would
have far more benefit to the environment than 100 people setting up
perfect
autonomous homesteads built from low impact local materials!
Hi Richard, et al...
How about 300 million people building from low impact local materials?
(Apprx the population of the US and Canada).  A great portion of folks in
the world are already doing it.  We don't pretend to be or care to be
"autonomous".  But, you are right, I don't care to be a part of a high
density, urban population.  I personally believe (as Freddie Hubbard said in
"Sing a Song of Song Mai") that the crowd is the untruth.

Bruce

Bruce Brummitt and Cheryl Valois
Lilac Moon Experimental Living Center
Osage, MN  56570  USA