Re: GBlist: Wetlands

To the best of my knowledge, the Constitution does not give anyone the
right to do things that harm others or their property.  Most wetlands
regulations/restrictions, at least here in the Northeast, are designed
to prevent flooding and/or water polution or protect water supplies.
Altering wetlands has been shown to adversely affect others unless it is
done with some planning and its adverse affects compensated for.  It is
not right to alter a wetland if it will result in flooding or other harm
elsewhere.

If a property owner can show that the proposed alteration will not
adversely affect others, usually the project can proceed.  If you can't
show adequate protection of others you can't proceed.  I see no problem
with that.  After all, the Constitution is for all the people, not just
upstream property owners.