GBlist: Re: just the facts

Regarding Feng Shui, I find it to be typical of a philosophy, rather than a
science. There seem to be exceptions to every rule, and some of the most
basic tenets (i.e., The front of the house should be more open to receiving
'energy', while the rear should be lower, and more closed to contain it) run
completely contrary to what I find as the most comforting aspects of Frank
Loyd Wright's work. He brought the entrance down to human scale, so that it
was even difficult to find them sometimes, after which the entry areas
continually expanded in dimension until the rear of the houses often invited
Nature right in. I've never felt anyplace contructed by Man (witht eh
possible exception of the Bah'ai Temple north of Chicago, that is as
immediately comforting and nurturing than a Wright house.

Of course, we all have individual tastes, and having a house that's more
treehouse or playfort may not be everyone's cup of tea! But back to the
point, Feng Shui, and it's ancient basis in Geomancy has been around forever,
and I'm sure there is a reasonable basis for much of it. I'd just like to
hear it.

Best,

Tony Novelli