GBlist: more on R-20 windows and glazing systems

For a while there I thought the post on R-20 windows was either (a)
offensive, so no one responded, or (b) stupid, so no one responded, or (c)
obvious, so no one responded or (d) lost to the computer netherworld, so no
one responded.....

Glad to see the mummy has arisen.... and to that end, about those IG seal
failues....

Does anyone (other than a few of us "glazing" zealots) have the least bit of
concern about the SIGMA data showing about 10+ percent IG unit failure after
10 years?  Have I missed something?  Are there THOUSANDS of companies out
there making MILLIONS of dollars replacing these things and they don't want
anyone to know the size of the problem?  Is this fact reflected in the IG
unit warranties?

The more data I see on IG performance, the more I am concerned about whole
house performance, condensation, comfort, view and a whole RAFT of related
issues.

ANYBODY got any more data?  Is this 10% to 15% a California problem, or
nationwide? or worldwide?  IF so, has it been correlated to design? Number
and type of seal? Spacer type?  Location of setting blocks?  Thermal
phenomenon?  Water intrusion in the frame? datadatadatadatadata......

Chris Mathis
MCSquared