Re: GBlist: Re: Foundations and Frost

At 20:06 97-10-16 -0400, you wrote:
>Sacie,    re: your frost protected shallow foudation, I built part of my own
>home  in Canada with this technique about 12 years ago on well drained soil
>with no apparent frost heave problems. In my case I placed extruded foamboard
>at a 45 degree angle down and away from the slab ( in a trench which was
>subsequently backfilled).

I'm new to this mailing list so maybe this reference has been mentionned but
it might be useful to other new members :  This is a design guide for a
frost protected foundation.  It is very well written with some fairly good
illustrations.

http://www.cs.arizona.edu/people/jcropper/desguide.html

Bye for now. Pierre.

pierremasson@geocities.com