[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: New energy newsgroup: sci.energy.renewable?

Douglas S. Gonder <soltherm@cdsnet.net> wrote:
>j.bodden@internetmci.com says...

>>        how about an alt.energy.solutions.collaborative.coop
>>for exchange of how to, what not to, when not to, why it does, where do i
>get, why didnt it, i need help,
>>        ie, any and all comers working on solutions get together and trade
>>assistance and data.

>          sci.energy.renewable.coop.graphics  (just a suggestion)

That would seem to indicate that it should only include graphics...

>prefix  "sci" will reach more people I understand... comments?

This is true. It would even reach our site, until our Evil Mother Of
All Campus News decided to cancel it some afternoon, in a fit of pique.

>Who started all this anyway?

God. ("Let there be light.")

>Who's the leader of the band..

We don't seem to have much of a leader, but I did suggest a while ago that
someone might edit the text below into a sci.energy.renewable charter and
post a call for discussion in the appropriate news newsgroup...  Perhaps our
EMOACN would do that.

Nick

The AE Alternative Energy Discussion Mailing List is intended  to
provide  a  forum  to discuss the current state of  the  art  and
future direction of alternative energy sources that are renewable
and  sustainable.   It  is *not* intended to  discuss  either  AE
appropriateness  or comparisons with conventional energy  sources
such  as fossil or nuclear fuels.  Those "discussions"  are  best
relegated to the appropriate usenet newsgroup.

An  alternative  energy source is taken to include  solar,  wind,
geothermal,  tidal,  electro-chemical,  hydro-electric,  or   any
renewable  and sustainable energy source.  It is also assumed  to
exclude  fuels such as fossil and nuclear since  these  literally
take an act of God to create.