Re: [seedsavers] Sedless watermelons

A farmer in California I am in chat with now said this about making
your won
seedless watermelons:

<Farmer_Mike> pick your watermelon that you like, plant, and grow them
but pick
the blooms off before they pollenate.

<dirtfarmer> I should have thought of that - I will try this thie
summer -
thanks!

<Farmer_Mike> harvest and dry those seeds to around 7% moisture. Plant
the
following year and you will have a seedless melon

Has anyone tried this?

The long term prospectus of this may not sufficiently endear you
to seedsavers though... LOL! I've indeed heard of this. And without
seeds, what do you do for ammo?  That's part of the fun!

BillSF9c