Re: [seedsavers] Seed Savers List

Well, I have a lot of seed saving resources on the savingourseed.org website.  If you have any question on the nuts and bolt of seed saving, they may well be answered up there.

Also, Courtney Guido (my wife) and I have started the One Seed at a Time (OSAT) seed bank, dedicated to banking and documenting traditional seeds of the Southeast.  We will be looking for folks to donate and/or trade any rare traditional southeastern varieties, as well as volunteers to grow these out for documentation and increase.  We could also use some funding.  Anybody that has any interest in working on this project is more than welcome to contact me here on the list or directly.

Courtney and I are in the beginning stages of writing a business plan for OSAT to fund it's work by selling seeds traditionally to the Southeast.
Cricket Rakita
Saving Our Seed Project Coordinator
Carolina Farm Stewardship Association
286 Dixie Hollow
Louisa, VA  23093
phone:  (540) 894-8865 fax:  (540) 894-8060
cell:  (804) 332-3144
web:  http://www.savingourseed.org
email:  cricket@savingourseed.org

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
Cricket Rakita wrote:

Hello everybody.  I'm very excited to be a part of this mailing list.
Many thanks to Lawrence for setting it up.

Welcome to the seedsavers list, Cricket. What projects do you have going?
What can we help you with, participate in, derive from?

What seed banks exist that we can get involved with for seed exchange, trials, grow-out?