Re: [Market Farming] What's up with Letters (2) from Kent Whealy concerning SSE

Hey Lawrence,

?

I just attended the organic conference in Ohio where this topic came up in a seed saving workshop. I had a chance to?read copies of the responses from the board and advisors sent to listed members?that are referenced in the second letter.?Pretty much their story is that ol' Kent is a megalomaniac of the "my way/highway" variety. Now I only know these folks by reputation (which are stellar on both sides of the equation), but the fact is those advisors signed the letter - without changing the wording. Yet I must agree that the actions of the board have proven disingenuous. I respect the opinions of both sides. What's a lurker to think?

?

Start by asking questions. Not too many at the conference willing to discuss it, and when the Johnny's boycott connection comes up, people walk away.

?

The second letter mentions an "avalanche" of people-in-the-know supporting the deposed Director. So, what's up? This soap opera stuff is dreary, but there is nothing more distasteful than corporate takeover of a national treasure. These letters air the he-said-she-said laundry, but is there anyone out there with an objective opinion??

?

I'm just looking for information. Maybe?the "time out" can be used to make the debate more transparent through the involvement of listed members, funders and others with a vested interest. I'd like for the "cattle homecoming" to be a cause for celebration more than anxiety.

?

Thank you for your efforts,

?

Eric Pawlowski