Re: [seedsavers] re-naming the list was Unfortunate circumstances regarding this list

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Kathleen O'Brien Blair
<ktho@comcast.net> wrote:
> How about fuckdianewhealyandamygoldmanseedsaving?  :)

I like this one, but is there a limit to the length of the name?  :)
These are some great alternative names.

How about "seedkeepers"?  The thought was threaded throughout the
suggestions listed below.

I found this list of meanings for keep:

# continue: continue a certain state, condition, or activity
# retain possession of
# observe: observe correctly or closely
# look after; be the keeper of; have charge of
# maintain by writing regular records
# retain: allow to remain in a place or position
# sustain: supply with necessities and support
# fail to spoil or rot
# observe: celebrate, as of holidays or rites
# restrain: keep under control; keep in check
# maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger
# raise
# keep open: retain rights to
# store or keep customarily
# have as a supply
# support
# maintain for use and service
# hold and prevent from leaving
# preserve: prevent (food) from rotting
# the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress