Re: [seedsavers] Unfortunate circumstances regarding this list

>  I will email him tonight. Could you do the same, also anyone else who would be willing to extend an invitation please do
>  so. The list message archive are now private; no Google searches are possible. Do we want to keep them that way?

I think the archives should be public.  I've been lurking on your
lists for years (can't remember how many -- probably dates back to the
first publicized US mad cow).  I would never have found these lists
had they not been accessible through a google search.

I've learned a lot from these lists.  They've given me an enhanced
opinion of ag biotech, organic and sustainable agriculture and
permaculture (I had never heard of permaculture).  If the archives are
closed, the information is hidden from those who are similarly
uninformed.

I might suggest that you may want to edit the archives to remove the
worst of the flame?  Your call...