Submissions can be sent to the address below or by using the email form link above. Please include a reply address and a nickname you wish to be referenced by in the credits or the recipe, and whether you want your email address listed in the credits along with your nickname or not. Submissions containing no information in this regard will have the username in your email address used to give credit (for example, if your email address is "firstname.lastname@example.org" the name used to give you credit in the book will be "Ace") and your email will not be placed in along with your recipe.
Note: I will use the email addresses received only as a response mechanism to clarify information in your submission or to notify you of acceptance/rejection of your submission. If I reject your submission, I will try to provide a good reason why (costs too much, takes too long, duplicates other recipes, etc.) and an opportunity to revise your submission. If you decide that revision is not a viable option, you have the option to pull your submission from the book. Note that even if you don't revise the submission you may still land in the book if I figure out a way to circumvent the problem I had with it originally. You will be notified should such a change happen. Your email address will be discarded upon acceptance of your submission, or your decision to pull a submission from the list.
Guidelines for submissions:
- Please include a descriptive title for your recipe.
- Include a complete list of ingredients and equipment needed. You may omit the list of equipment provided that necessary equipment is mentioned in your instructions.
- Please avoid slang or colloquial terms for ingredients - While you may perfectly understand what you mean, people from other countries may not have any idea what you mean.
- Include amounts for ingredients - in other words, sending me a list of ingredients with no clear proportions and calling it a recipe will have your submission sent straight back with a request that you add amounts to your ingredient list.
- Include an approximate preparation and cook time.
- If you have an image of the finished dish, feel free to send the image by, but PLEASE make it reasonable in size (try to keep images under a few hundred K in size). This helps keep my mailbox from overflowing, and it keeps the size of the cookbook down to reasonable levels. When including images, keep them to a thumbnail size, preferably in either JPG or PNG format (about 2" x 2" in page size, ~150dpi or less). Full page images must be cleared by me before sending.
- Include a yield number; this is how many people the dish serves or, if it makes multiple individual units (such as cookies) tell how many units the recipe produces.
- Include thorough preparation instructions. Unclear or ambiguous instructions may cause your submission to be rejected or revised by me; it will be returned for revision with a listing of items that are unclear.
- For things that involve units of measure (such as oven temperatures) please provide both U.S. and Metric units. Submissions not containing both units will have them added, however, please try to do the research before you send the recipe. This reduces the workload on me significantly.
- If a recipe requires an unusual or expensive piece of equipment that not everyone might have (such as a wood smoker, for example) make sure that your recipe states that such an item is necessary.
Back to the top.
Send submissions to the email address in the picture below:
Note: the picture has no link to keep spambots from harvesting my email address.