Suffering

Carolinabirders,

I sincerely regret the turn the squirrel discussion has taken.  More
disturbing to me than Buddy's admittedly insensitive remark about squirrel
suffering was the fact that a private message was posted to a public forum
and a fine birder held up for ridicule.  He did not post his remark to
Carolinabirds and has apologized to anyone who was offended after it was
posted by the private recipient.  I suggest that we let this matter rest, and
in the future note whether the message we have received is forwarded from
Carolinabirds or a personal message meant for our eyes only.

Clyde Smith
Smith82534@aol.com