---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:28:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: JOHN BRUNJES <jbrunjes@yahoo.com>

Hello,
     I saw the curlew sandpipers on Saturday morning at Pea Island.  I
have been in the field working since returning from Hatteras and have
not had a chance to post the sighting.  There were 2 birds, both with a
large portion of the red remaining on their chests.  They were feeding
with a group of stilt sandpipers.  I watched the birds from 6:30-7:00
and had good looks through a scope.  A large group of birders searched
for the birds on Monday morning but they had not been found by about
11:00 when I left.
     I usually monitor the CBC listserv but lost the directions on how
to correspond so feel free to post any of this info.

Sincerely,
John H. Brunjes IV

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University