Florida/Georgia queries

Dear Birders:

I am headed south to coast of Central Florida, Merritt Island wildlife
Refuge to be precise. I am writing to ask if any of you who have
driven down that way can give me any pointers. Here are some specific
questions:

1. I will be driving, so I can stop anywhere in coastal Georgia. Is it
worth checking out Jekyll Island or Cumberland Island National
Seashore? Would I see anything there I might not in Merritt Island?
Are they particularly noteworthy from an esthetic angle?

2. I badly need Limpkin and Wilson's Plovers. Any suggestions?
Has the Limpkin at Savannah NWR been re-sighted recently?

3. Any tips on Snail Kites (I need not confine myself to the coast,
but cannot go much further south because of time constraints--in other
words Everglades is out)

Thanks in advance to all those who have suggestions

Shantanu Phukan
Chapel Hill