HBSP on 3-11

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today, Paul Rogers and I went to Huntington Beach S.P., Murrells Inlet,
Georgetown, County, SC. Our main goal was to check out the jetty area.  It
was high tide declining when we arrived.  Only a brief check at the
causeway and we stayed out of the maritime woods so landbirds were
virtually non existent on our list. We had 32 species but could not find
either of the good grebes reported earlier nor the sharp-tailed Sparrows
Irvin Pitts group found west of the jetty pond.
Our best birds were Great Cormorant on the channel marker near Garden City,
4 Mallards in Mullet Pond, 7 species of shorebirds including 270+ Dunlin, 4
Piping Plovers, and about 8 Purple Sandpiper,

Jack

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC