Duck at Duke Gardens

Hello everyone.

I was out at Duke Gardens today with my family and noticed an unusual duck in
the duck pond.  He had brownish back, white sides, looked like black chest
and underparts, light rust colored head,  and a BRIGHT red - orange bill.  I
didn't get very good looks as I was distracted by a family emergency, so
unfortunately I'm not 100% sure of the description.  I've looked in my guides
and can find only one duck with that color bill.  Has anyone seen this bird?
 Does anyone have any idea what it might be?

Also saw a Northern Pintail in the group.   :-)

Thanks.
Toni

Toni Rexrode
Durham, NC