brazen Sharp-shinned, etc.

Hi y'all,
    While standing ~ 15 ft from the feeders this morning, I watched a tiny
Sharpie unsuccesfully have a go at a Chippie. After the miss, it perched for
a moment in a nearby maple, then flew another loop thru the feeders. As it
exited stage right, it flew a loop around my head as well, literally so
close I could have touched it. I felt the wind from its wings as it checked
me out.
    The grebes were neat at HBSP yesterday, but that pretty little Sedge
Wren was the bird of the day. It was in the very spot (same shrub, even)
where I got my "lifer" a cpl of years ago.
    Odyssey update: 178.

Cheers,
Gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
axis1@sccoast.net
"Only under the condition of ordeal may I recover the sparrow." (Walker
Percy)