Introduced Species Blues

Dear Birders,

This morning a mute swan landed on Greenview Pond and chased off the two
tundra swans that had been wintering there.  Last year a big snapping turtle
took out a mute swan when he was feeding.  Where are those snappers when you
need them?

Also, the starlings have been raiding my suet feeder big time.  I'm hate
introduced species...

John Argentati
Greenview Pond
Raleigh, North Carolina

Greenview Pond is located on Blaney Franks Road, just west of Lake Wheeler,
in Raleigh North Carolina.  In spite of the fact that it's just a small farm
pond and marsh, the Wake County Audubon Society has observed over 200
species of birds there over the years.