Re: help with Bluebirds

DEBI . . .

Wow! You're lucky! Bluebirds AND hummingbirds AND all the other
species you mention.

Many folks would be very happy to have this diversity. Unless you
really, really, really want just bluebirds, I don't think I'd take
out the feeders. The hummers certainly won't bother the bluebirds,
and unless there is a seed feeder right beside the bluebird box, the
other birds probably won't bother them either.

Sometimes an aggressive titmouse or chickadee will try to move into a
bluebird box, but if your bluebird pair is destined to use this box,
they'll do so.

In the end, the decision is yours, but if it were my choice, I'd keep
the feeders and watch how everything interacts.

Best wishes,

BILL

--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.