Sandy Island, Georgetown, County, SC

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today, Bob Maxwell and myself (thanks Bob for inviting me) were guests of
the Nature Conservency in their tour of Sandy Island, Georgetown County,
SC.  Our guide for the tour was none other than Rudy Meinke of SC Nature
Scene.  He was very  informative in that pleasant voice about plants, bugs,
leps, (dragonflies and butterflies)amphibians, snakes and birds.  The
highlight was the canebrake rattlesnake he found AND PICKED UP, to show us.
 There were 25 species of birds Id'd.  The best of which were the two Great
Horned Owl downy young in the Osprey nest along the Waccamaw River and two
Swallow-tailed Kites.  The earliest I have had the kites in my ten years in
SC. There were also a good number of butterflies seen, but that is for
another listserve.

Jack

Great day, good birding, Great company.

Jack Peachey