Is metric ok to use here?

Hi folks,        reply to capito@hotmail.com

I wasn't going to put this on this server since it only has marginal
relation to birds and birding, but since Tom was referencing the server I
thought I'd post it. Is metric ok here?

Tom wrote:

>From: tominbrevard@webtv.net (Tom Joyce)
>To: capito@hotmail.com (Paul Champlin)
>Subject: Re: Aiken County migrants and Henslow's
>Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 22:10:58 -0500 (EST)

As far as I know,  the US is still using the English standard of
measurement- hence, feet, yards, miles etc. Why use the metric system on
a listserv such as this?

>Tom Joyce
>Brevard, NC

Being of a scientific background I always use metric. Perhaps Tom should
read peer reviewed scientific Journals some time.

Paul Champlin
New Ellenton, SC