Black-Throated Green Warblers at Goose Creek ST. PK.

A one-hour visit to Goose Creek State Park (near Washington, NC) was
very productive this morning.  The highlight for me was the
Black-Throated Green Warblers.  I kept hearing them as I walked between
the swimming area and the Trail Closed sign for the Live Oak Trail.  I
heard many Yellow-Throated and Pine Warblers and a few N. Parulas.  I
kept scanning the pines and finally saw a beautiful male Black-Throated
Green W.
    Other birds included Yellow-rumped warblers, Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers,
a Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker, a Northern Flicker and Red-Bellied
Woodpeckers.

John Daughtry
Greenville, NC
daughtryjo@coastalnet.com