Mo' migrants!

Hi y'all,
    This morning on my way out of town for field work, I stopped by the
Conway sewage ponds and found a nice flock of swallows. Tree, Barn and N.
Rough-winged were amonst the group. Also a Chimney Swift on patrol a bit
higer up.
    When I returned home this afternoon, I found the coolest one of all. At
4:52 p.m., a splendid male Ruby-throated Hummingbird zipped in, sampled all
the feeders, and perched in a nearby oak. He's two days ahead of schedule.

    Odyssey update: 184.

Woohoo!
Gary

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
 Zone 8
axis1@sccoast.net
"Only under the condition of ordeal may I recover the sparrow." (Walker
Percy)