Lockwood Folly and Shallotte, NC

      Yesterday my fishing partner and I spent the middle portion of
the day fishing on Lockwood Folly River.  We saw plenty of birds,
including a flock of tree swallows, a loggerhead shrike, a rail sp.,
an accipiter sp., plus the usual herons and egrets, including a
little blue heron in full breeding plumage.  On our way home, we
stopped at Shell Point on the Shallotte River, looking for a place to
put in, and found a flock of red-breasted mergansers, including
several drakes in full breeding plumage.
     Driving to and from the coast and Fayetteville, we saw red-tailed
hawks, turkey and black vultures, lots of crows and common grackles.

Bob
Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu