"Hummingbird Hobnob"

HI . . .

It's 2 April 2001, and although we've yet to see a Ruby-throated
Hummingbird this spring at Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural
History near York SC, our feeders are up and waiting. As always,
we're thinking about hummers and about "Operation RubyThroat: The
Hummingbird Project."

As part of Operation RubyThroat, we've just started a new on-line
mail list called "Hummingbird Hobnob." According to the dictionary,
"hobnob" means "to associate together on very friendly terms," which
is exactly what we intend.  :-)

If you're interested in . . .
--Watching Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, or any other species of hummer
--Observing and understanding hummingbird activity, especially in the
Carolina Piedmont
--Feeding hummingbirds
--Planting gardens to attract hummingbirds (and maybe even butterflies)
--Exchanging your thoughts and observations with folks around the
world who appreciate hummingbirds
--Involving your students, neighbors, grandchildren, or others in the
fascinating hobby of hummingbird watching
--Learning about or participating in Operation RubyThroat: The
Hummingbird Project . . .
. . .  or, if you're just plain curious and enjoy the natural world
around you, then please consider joining "Hummingbird Hobnob." It's
free and non-fattening, and no telemarketers will call!

To join, go to the home page for Operation RubyThroat at
http://www.rubythroat.org , click on "Hummingbird Hobnob," enter your
e-mail address, and wait for interesting information about
hummingbirds to come to you.

(NOTE: "Hummingbird Hobnob" replaces the "Operation RubyThroat
Bulletin Board." It is not intended to compete with or supplant any
of the existing on-line chat groups, listservs, or mailgroups devoted
to hummingbirds.)

Happy Hummingbird Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites at http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.