Henderson County Update

Folks,
        This AM Bob Olthoff, Ron Selvey and myself birded Jackson Park for a
few hours.  Some of the expected migrants are beginning to arrive in small
numbers but the surprise of the day was a male WILSON'S WARBLER.  We all
observed the bird for several moments and also heard it singing.  Wilson's
are not all that common in the spring, but this one was about 1 month
earlier then my past records indicate. I have one May 1 record, and the rest
have usually been seen after May 10th.  I'm told several were reported on
the Gulf Coasts X-MAS counts, so this bird probably wintered over and
explains the reason for his very early arrival.
        For the past week to ten days, we have been seeing good numbers of
Fox and Vesper Sparrow coming through in areas with suitable habitat.

Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe
245 Stonebrook Drive
Hendersonville, N.C. 28791