Hooded Warbler and other migrants in Wake Co

Birding this morning around the Triangle, I finally picked up some of
the migrants that others have been seeing--White-eyed Vireo, Northern
Parula, Black-throated Green Warbler.  Hermit Thrushes were notably
common today; these surely were a wave of migrants, not winter
residents.  One sang briefly, incongruously at the side of Cary
Parkway.  Not the same as hearing one in the north woods, but I'll take
it.  In Ritter Park I was surprised to hear what I was sure was the loud
bright song of a Hooded Warbler.  I wanted visual confirmation so I
waited through 15 minutes of silence, and then it finally popped up into
view nearby without ever singing again.

The NCSU dairy farm pond is now closed to the public.  The entrance is
gated and there's a sign that says something like "Biosecurity Zone".  I
suppose it's part of the foot-and-mouth panic.

--
Kent Fiala
Raleigh, NC