Osprey, Blue-headed vireo, E. wild turkey

First Osprey and Blue-headed vireo today.  The E. wild turkeys have really
been putting on a show this Spring.  I was driving home from work this week
and there was a gobbler and a hen near my mailbox.  I stopped the vehicle
and turned off the ignition to watch.  When the hen walked into the woods I
did my best imitation of a hen yelp with my voice and to my surprise, the
Gobbler stopped and looked interested.  A couple of more yelps and he went
into a full strut.  He put on a great show at about 40 yds.  About ten
minutes later, with me still trying to imitate a hen, a second Gobbler
walked out of the woods within five feet of my right front fender.  I yelped
at him and he went into a full strut.  More colors than the rainbow and 15
feet away.  This afternoon I saw a flock of 25 with three strutting Gobblers
competing.  What a great sight.

Harrol
SW Virginia on the New River
kestrel@valink.com