Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary

I missed Saturday's bird walk at Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary, so I went over
this morning to check things out.  They were good.

Gwenda Ledbetter told me as I arrived that she had seen and heard an
American Redstart.  It took me awhile to find that one, but he looked and
sounded splendid.  Other birds included:

Yellow and Yellow-rumped Warbler, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Rusty Blackbird,
singing Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and singing Chipping Sparrow. Brown-headed
Nuthatch was calling from the top of bare deciduous trees where it was seen
a month ago.  Also got a Swamp Sparrow in a less-accessible area, which we
may soon name Purple Martin Point, because we're putting up a martin condo
there.  Donations for the condo gratefully accepted by Elisha Mitchell
Audubon.

best,  Len Pardue, Asheville NC