Blue Ridge Parkway and South Toe River Rd.

Made a trip from Buck Creek Gap at Hwy 80 on the Blue Ridge Parkway south
toward Mt. Mitchell and down the South Toe River Forrest Service Road by
Black Mountain Campground and home about 2 miles toward Hwy 80.

Saw and heard many B. T. Green, B. T. Blue and Black and White Warblers,
Eastern Phoebe, Juncos and regulars, a big surprise was a Osprey on a limb
over the river near Black Mountain Campground which I was able to observe
from
about 75 ft. away for a few minutes.  Had my first hummer Sunday at home at
about a 3,100 ft. elevation below Mt. Mitchell.

Don Patterson
Burnsville NC - Mt. Mitchell Lands
donp@yancey.main.nc.us