OBX this weekend

Checked the north end of Roanoke Island this past Saturday. Lots of Prairie
Warblers, Common Yellow throats, maybe one Northern Parula, two or three BH
Vireos, same number of BG gnatcatchers. About the same mix on the wooded
trail at Bodie Island, except many more calling Yellow throats; they seemed
to be everywhere. At the homestead in Nags Head, two male RTH showed up
Sunday hanging out where the feeder was supposed to be; must be part of our
resident clan of 3-4. Feeder went up and they spend most of their time
chasing one another away. Waxwings continue to descend on our Russian
Olive's, usually 25-50 in a flock; this has been going on since mid-March.
Finally, a Merlin has taken up a perch on my neighbor's weather vane to
watch the comings and goings from our feeder. One pile of Blue-Jay feathers
and another of Waxwing's tells me he may have been successful. Our Chuck's
Will's have not shown up yet; two-four usually take up residence in the
Jockey's Ridge park land behind our house.

We hope to hit Dismal Swamp and maybe Merchants Millpond parks this
weekend, will update if anything unusual is found.

Russ & Rose Lay
Nags Head