Cataloochee Valley

My girlfriend and I went to Cataloochee Valley (Haywood Co., NC) today
to see the newly released elk.  We were lucky enough to have another
beautiful day and observe quite a few "regular" mountain birds,
including TV's, y.b.sapsuckers, r.b. woodpeckers, downies, r.b. nutties,
r. grouse, e. bluebirds, e. phoebes, chipping sparrows.  But we were
also treated to black-throated green warblers, n. parulas, and
blackburnian warblers before we saw two herds of 9 elk each.

Connie Ward
Maggie Valley, NC
cward@haywood.main.nc.us