migrants, northern Richland county, SC

The boss and I have an understanding - I am not always prompt in April and
early May and she doesn't worry about it.  Knowing that, I turned right
instead of left this morning along the birdy backroads, in search of
migrants.  My time was not wasted and I wasn't too terribly late for work
after all.

Along the usually untravelled stretch of birdy backroad this morning I
found Prairie Warbler, Worm-eating Warbler, and Wood Thrush, all new
arrivals as of this morning.  Hearing the Wood Thrush was to my ears as
rain to the parched desert.

I might have to turn right again tomorrow morning...

Donna S. Bailey
Winnsboro, SC

e-mail: dsbailey@conterra.com

	Where are the Birds?  Migration across South Carolina