Carolina Wren

Hi folks;
I was at my parents house thin Am, and saw a strange interaction. The
bluebirds have taken over the box for the first time in several years. The
pair is very active. At one point, the two of them were sitting oon a branch
above the box looking vigilant. Directly, a Carolina Wren darten into the
hole in the box, a brief flurry ensued, and the wren was routed with a
"JRRRRRR" and  a "CHIRPETY - CHIRP" (so I know it was a Carolina, not a
House).
I know House Wrens are bad for getting other birds eggs and eating or
breaking them, but not Carolinas! Say it ain't so, Joe!
About Elk in the Mountains; Pennsylvania has had a herd for several years,
and I think Kentucky. I cannot see a Cougar weighing in at 250# (large male)
trying to overcome an animal weighing 450# (small female). I suspect the
Elk's predator might have been Grey Wolves. Hopefully they do not become a
problem. (Elks I mean.)
Alex Netherton
The Appalachian Naturalist
Asheville, NC